The Nigerian business environment is currently experiencing high inflation, increased unemployment, reduced economic growth and worsening balance of payments. All these have led to a fall in consumers’ disposable income. CEOs are forced to make critical decisions concerning the survival and profitability of their organizations. This course critically examines decisions which have to be taken in the face of worsening operating conditions.
- The nature and environment of business.
- The impact of business performance on stakeholders.
- Assessing the resources and competencies of business using SWOT.
- Examining the business value chain using Porters value analysis.
- Making profit on each segment of the value chain.
- Classifying business units using the Boston classification.
- Reviewing the organizational structure and processes.
- Creating an efficient and lean structure.
- Interfacing with customers to introduce more products and services.
- Diversifying aspects of the business.
- Creating more products/markets with existing synergies.
- Branding and marketing strategies.
For whom: Board members, Company secretaries and Senior management staff